Returns & Faulty Policy
Damaged Goods, breakages, shortages and incorrect goods
48 Hour Checking Period
Please ensure all goods are checked immediately after receiving delivery. Please provide a basic inspection of the goods within 48 hours of receiving the delivery to ensure:
You are happy with the goods you have purchased There are no apparent breakages on delivery There are no physical faults or damages with the goods You have received the correct goods you have ordered and there are no shortages
If there are any queries on delivery please contact us in writing immediately to email@example.com
If breakages or damages are reported after the 48 hour checking period we will make every effort to get replacement parts (if possible). Replacement parts are however chargeable after the 48 hour checking period.
Please note the term DSR refers to current distance selling regulations.
Returns and refunds
We accept unused, unfitted boxed returns for a refund or an exchange providing we are notified in writing within 14 days of receiving the goods.
Please note we will not accept goods back for a refund or an exchange if we are notified in writing after 14 days of receiving the goods. A telephone call is not sufficient.
You must take care of the goods whilst in your possession. Where a consumer cancels an order under the DSRs they have a duty to return the goods at own cost, or the cost of collection by our nominated couriers. We would consider reasonable care to include ensuring that the goods are not damaged in any way have not been made faulty and are returned complete in a resalable, useable condition. Consumers that do fail to take reasonable care of the goods should be aware that we reserve the right of action against the consumer for breach of the statutory duty to take reasonable care under DSRs regulations.
A receipt or proof of purchase is needed for all returns and refunds.Please note all unwanted goods are to be returned at the customers cost.
Step by step procedure for returning unwanted goods
1. You have until the 14th day of receiving the goods to report unwanted goods. This must be done in writing by email or post.
2. When writing please find below information that is required:
- Name on invoiceOrder reference
- Email address
- Contact number
- Date of purchase
- Date received the goods
- Number of items wanting to return
- Item code, item name and quantity
- Have you have the goods for less than 7 working days?
- Reason for returning the goods
- Are the goods unfitted, unused, in original packaging and in a re-saleable condition?
- If would like an exchange or a full refund?
- Additional information
Once the above information is received the sales team will reply to all return products requests within 48 hours.
3. Please note if you are given authorisation from the sales team to return unwanted goods all goods need to be sent back to us in the condition they were delivered. This means all items must be packed in the same manner that they were received in and the boxed product is in such a condition that it can be sold to a future customer as new. We cannot be held responsible for any damages upon return if goods are not adequately packaged. If goods are returned in just the item box and no outer box the goods will not be accepted by our warehouse staff and therefore be returned back to you. Please put inside the box a copy of the invoice given or a note explaining why you are returning the goods with your name and address on the note and that authorisation has been given.
4. Please note unwanted goods will not be accepted back for a refund or an exchange until authorisation has been given from the sales team.
5. Please note all unwanted goods must be returned at the customers cost. Items can be sent back by the post office by using Royal Mail or Parcel Force or by a courier company. Please ensure you ask for proof of posting from the post office as proof you have sent the package. The post office does not charge for this service.
6. The address of which all returns are to be sent is:
Returns Department. Cranbrook Electrics LTD. 50 The Broadway. Debden. Essex. IG10 3ST
7. Once received, the goods will be inspected. Providing the goods are:
Unfitted, unused and in a re-saleable conditionReturned in original item box with no damages and all parts of the goods received. We will offer an exchange or refund. Refunds are within 14 days via the payment method you purchased the items with. If you require an exchange outbound delivery charges will apply. Goods that are returned outside the original item box are classed as un-resalable and only an exchange will be offered.
Please note they will be a minimum 25% restocking charge for all goods returned which have been diminished as a result of customer handling beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and function of the goods.
Please provide a basic inspection of the goods immediately after delivery and report any faults in writing by email or post. A telephone call is not considered sufficient.If faulty the company's liability shall be limited to, at the company's option sending a spare part, replacing the goods, refunding the price of the goods or offering an exchange.If a fault, breakage, damage or shortage is discovered upon checking the item after delivery please do not fit the goods.Immediate replacements for damaged goods will be charged and credit issued on the return of the damaged goods to the company in the original packaging.Most goods have a manufacturing guarantee of 1 year. Please note the finish of outdoor lights is guaranteed for 1 year except within five miles of the coastline.A receipt or proof of purchase is needed for all returns and refunds.If goods are delivered to another address after the delivery address we shall not be held responsible for any breakages, defects or claims that either arise or can be reasonably assured to have risen during onward transit.
Step by step procedure for reporting faulty goods
1. Report the fault of the goods in writing by email or post information can be found on the contact us page. A telephone call is not sufficient.
2. When reporting the faulty goods, the below information is required:
- Name on invoice
- Order reference
- Email address
- Contact number
- Date of purchase
- Number of faulty items
- Item code, name and quantity
- Checked within 48 hours of receiving delivery YES/NO
- If would like a replacement or full refund?
- Additional information
There is also an option to upload a picture to help clarify or explain the fault or damage.
3. Once you have reported faulty products. Please then await a reply from the sales team. The sales team will reply to all faulty products report within 48 hours.
4. Once the sales team have assessed the information given on the report the sales team will determine the best way to resolve the fault.
5. If faulty the company's liability shall be limited to, at the company's option, sending a spare part, replacing the goods, refunding the price of the goods or offering an exchange.
6. If the fault cannot be resolved by sending a spare part the goods will need to be returned to us for inspection and testing of the fault. In this case we will send our carrier in to collect the goods.
Once we receive the goods they will be inspected and examined. If the fault is not visible or is difficult to see how the fault occurred the goods will then be returned to the manufacturers for inspection and testing to determine the fault, how the fault occurred and if the fault is due to a manufacturing fault. Providing the fault is as reported and the inspection and testing confirms the light is faulty due to a manufacturing fault we will offer the option of replacement, exchange or a full refund. If inspection and testing proves the fault occurred for any other reason other than a manufacturing fault the light will be returned to you and outbound postage charges will apply. This is done within 30 days from Cranbrook Electrics LTD receiving the faulty goods. Refunds are within 30 days via payment method you purchased the goods with.
7. Please note faulty goods will not be accepted back for a refund or an exchange until authorisation has been given from the sales team.
Lamps supplied with fittings
Should lamps be supplied with light fittings free of charge i.e supplied with light fitting, these are outside our warrantee and free of charge replacements will not be sent for lamps arriving in a faulty condition.
Please note: Cranbrook Electrics LTD will not be liable for costs incurred due to faulty goods or shortages, such as Electricians and other tradesman, access equipment etc.
All prices are in GBP. Copyright 2022 Cranbrook Electrics LTD.